View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 02:59 PM   #1
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Thumbs Up Aquarium Bugs

We are in the process of making a comprehensive list of everything in the Aquarium that could be considered a bug.

If it's not listed here, it won't be worked on!

Here's my list so far...

<li>1.0-1.1.2 installer reports the Aquarium disk space requirement as 160kb. It should report 1.6MB.

<li>The Aquarium is minimized to the taskbar by certain applications such as e-mail clients and ZoneAlarm.

<li>The Aquarium crashes Eudora Pro 5.1 on my Windows 2000 system with nVidia 12.41 drivers. (the latest drivers are not compatible with QuickBASIC ).

<li>The Aquarium uses 100% of the CPU or whatever % CPU idle is available. This increases the temperature of the faster CPUs like Athlons and Pentium 4s as much as 12 degrees. On an Athlon system, the Aquarium should not need more than 3% of the CPU to render ~60 frames per second and send to the video card.

<li>On some Windows 2000 systems, pressing the Ctrl key is considered a "mouse movement".

<li>On selected systems, the Aquarium's sound initialization procedure disables sound from any other application. This is probably limited to the earlier half-duplex sound cards. The behavior of the "0" setting for the volume in the Aquarium should be that the sound is not even initialized. Note that turning on the sound in the Aquarium may require the Aquarium to "soft reboot".

<li>In the Screen Saver "Preview", it is impossible to bring up the About box by pressing A.

I realize that my Eudora problem might be a bug in Eudora or would be fixed with newer drivers. But the others I listed are bonafide bugs.

Please post anything you can think of.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 05-21-2002 at 11:48 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote