Thread: Windows Vista Issue Vista x64 Crash Accessing the Settings Panel
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by sca:
The screen saver starts and runs fine except for 3 issues

A) When it comes out of screen saver, it seems to take a long time until I get past a wait state and can access the icons/programs on the tray or desktop - let's say about 8 to 12 seconds.

B) Related, Seems like sometimes it has re-arranged my tray icons, almost like there was a crash of the explorer/desktop program and it re-initiated

When MA3 comes out of screensaver mode, it first goes to "windowed" mode - that's the "reason" there is a delay. You may observe a "black window" appear.

Speculation about the icons: Screen resolution? If you do not have the display settings set to "Automatic", then the screen resolution may be changing, which might cause your screen to be rearranged?

C) Whenever I go into the Windows Control Panel screen saver panel, which is accessing the Marine Settings panel, or I get into the Marine settings and then close it, when the settings panel closes, I get the following "App Crash"...every time. To be clear, it saves the settings changes, but it always triggers the crash and the message  
I, also, don't have a clue - but this is a bug worth investigating. It's every time you exit "settings", and no other time? [For instance, does it happen when switching to/from windowed mode?]

3) Can you tell me if running the Non-Beta would avoid these issues?

It would normally be the case that the Beta is LESS likely to have issues (except for new features being introduced). In your case, probably the Non-Beta would not help. But it wouldn't hurt to try it and see.

You can just do the trial (and enter code TESTFISH).
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote