View Single Post
Old 01-15-2002, 09:50 AM   #126
pipeta
Royal Gramma

I posted about this problem in the whishlist by mistake and got an suggestion from Digital Lungfish which didn't work. If anyone missed it please read this message because I can hardly use the screen saver or any other DirectX program:

My monitor started changing my refresh rate automatically every time I use the aquarium or any other DirecX program (games, etc.). I am using 1024x768x16 and 60\85 Hertz refresh rate. Every time I open the aquarium the resolution reains 1024x768x16 but the refresh rate changes to 75 Hertz. I never encountered this problem before and I haven't done any major changes in my OS lately, it just suddenly started happening. I don't want to use 75Hertz because my monitor starts making a whistle sound (don't know why but it can't be good and it hurts my ears like hell!) when I use 75 Hertz.
I am using WinXP, MAG innovision monitor (don't know what type exactly) and a RIVA TNT 2 32mb graphics card.
I tried to solve the problem by downloading the DX8.1 installer from MicroSoft's website (I can't find a way to reinstall DX from the CD). The program started and without doing anything it said 'installation completed successfully' (did nothing just identified I already have DX I guess). I can't find a way to force it to reinstall.
I tried using a program called 'Power Strip' but couldn't find any feature which changes my DirectX resolution. It is supposed to be able to automatically change resolution when you start a program but that feature didn't work successfully.

PLEASE! ANY SUGGESTIONS? I AM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS :-(
Thanks
pipeta is offline   Reply With Quote