View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 08:57 PM   #113
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Ralph said:
I don't want to start a... which is a better browser war.... topic here, but. Netscape really is a better browser.
The only relevant issues when choosing a browser are (in my opinion)

-Does it load pages fast?
-Does it display pages correctly?
-Does it crash?

Netscape failed in all 3 of these time after time for me. Netscape does not even follow their own standards and even the slightest HTML error results in a blank or fragmented page.

I was a diehard Netscape fan just like everyone else, rallying against evil Microsoft. Then Netscape 4 came out. They released a dozen point releases, each with bigger problems with java than the last. I gave up after countless 8MB downloads to bump the version from 4.03 to 4.04 and get the same or worse results.

I was forced by poor programming on Netscape's part to switch to IE. Even then, I occasionally tried different versions like Netscape 4.72 and the dreaded 6.0.

I really wish that IE had not been bundled with Windows and had been a separate $20 product like Netscape, then IE could have won fair-and-square instead of by default.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 02-20-2003 at 09:28 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote