View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #16
Socrates
Sage

Hey Jim,

Must be a windows 8 thing, Jim, just not sure why it does it. I don't know if this will help or not. I'm glad to do whatever tests you need or dump whatever registry info might be helpful to a PM.

Just a little while ago it asked me for my key again. so I did a search on the windows 8.1 registry for serenescreen, it came up with these:
__________________________________________________ _______________
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wo w6432Node\SereneScreen\MarineAquarium3 (This one has an entry in REGCODE, but it looks like .testfish c c c etc)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MA CHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SereneScreen\MarineAqua rium3 (this one has the same testfish code in regcode)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SereneScreen\MarineAqua rium3 (also has testfish code)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 3_is1 (no regcode key, just uninstaller info)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SereneScre en\MarineAquarium3 (THIS ONE HAS 00 IN THE REGCODE)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-...\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE \Wow6432Node\SereneScreen\MarineAquarium3 (This one has the testfish code in REGCODE)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-...\Software\SereneScreen\MarineAquarium3 (also has testfish in regcode)

__________________________________________________ __________________
***Then I put in the key and then re did my search.***

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wo w6432Node\SereneScreen\MarineAquarium3 (now has the correct encrypted regcode)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MA CHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SereneScreen\MarineAqua rium3 (now has the correct encrypted regcode)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SereneScreen\MarineAqua rium3 (has the corr3ect key in REGCODE)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 3_is1 (No regcode key, just uninstall)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SereneScre en\MarineAquarium3 (still just has 00 in REGCODE)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-...\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE \Wow6432Node\SereneScreen\MarineAquarium3 (has the correct encrypted key in REGCODe)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-...\Software\SereneScreen\MarineAquarium3 (has the correct code in REGCODE)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-..._Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432N ode\SereneScreen\MarineAquarium3 (Has the correct regcode, but did not appear in my search when it was unregistered)
__________________________________________________ ________________

The user serials are shortened up. That last key didn't show up in a quick search of the registry the first time, but that my be my fault. The next time it fails, I will check to see if that key is gone or if I just missed it this time.

Would it help at all to paste the regcode from one of the ones that has it to the one that has just "00".

If I wanted to backup one of these keys to restore it faster next time, which one do I need? OR does that give away the farm on the activiation process? If it does, no problem, I always have my key handy to copy and paste.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote