Thread: Bug: Unconfirmed Dual Monitor - Flashing Screen
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
philosopher
Registered

RE: No Movement on Screen

cjmaddy,

It probably is related to Windows 7. I didn't have this problem on the same machine when it was running windows vista. Of course NVidia makes a different driver for Windows 7. So it could be the driver too.

I did a little more digging and realized that I didn't fully describe what the screensaver is doing. It's not just that the fish don't move. It's that they never even get started. The background is black, nothing moves, only one screen has any images, and on that screen the screensaver flashes between the logo and the screensaver flipping between each every second. I can always gets the screensaver running properly by right clicking, clicking settings, clicking display, and then clicking ok and ok again. It would seem that some piece of code that is run within the "Display" area of the settings starts up the screen saver differently, or makes some change to recognize a monitor, or something.

Jim, I don't know if you want to worry about Windows 7 yet and I understand if you don't, but I am running the release version. Soon many people will be purchasing computers that are running Windows 7. However I'd much rather see some new fish movement than have this bug fixed. I'd absolutely say it's secondary. Especially since I'm probably the only person running Windows 7 and experiencing this problem. I have plenty of other machines I can use to see your fantastic work with.

Oh, something else I noticed in a different thread. Someone had mentioned that they were waiting to run the new version until it was complete. And you questioned how it could ever be complete when you will constantly be adding to it. I think it's just a matter of semantics. I think they are waiting for you to take the "Beta" label off of it. I think you should remove Beta from the Serene Screen site.
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote