View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #369
Registry
Salty Sea Seals Sail Ships

Freshwater must not be released yet?

Originally posted by Yellow Tang
In my tank I had some of these guys, always diggin in the dirt, very funny:
Hey guys,

I have the marine aquarium screen saver which is nice but I have never had one (real marine aquarium). Only looked after a friend's while they were on vacation during summer school. The fish are prettier to look at than a fresh water aquarium in general but the behaviour is not as interesting as fresh water aquariums. Or maybe because I had for a long time a fresh water aquarium I recognize the behaviour of the fish and found it interesting. Some of those fish lived over 5 years after I got the hang of it. In the end, I kept a aquarium with only 3 types fresh water Amazon fish because the behaviour becomes so much more interesting the closer you get to their natural environment. Not only was it easy to look after, but it was pretty & the behaviour interesting. I would like to see in the aquarium:

a) This little catfish Yellow Tang posted (interesting to watch scavening along the bottom, often in little schoals of 3 or 4 occasioning shooting to the top for gasps of air, 'sleep' in quiet areas in groups)

b) Cardinal (or Neon, I like Cardinal because they're abit bigger and more deeply colored) Tetra: form large schoals and dart back and forth like you'd expect a schoal of fish too.

c) Angelfish: Slow swimming in long weeded areas, sometimes pairs up with another, take an occasional cardinal or neon tetra by sucking the water (& the tetra with it) like a vacuum into its mouth.

The water was amber with tannic acids. It would be really cool to see a freshwater screensaver like this.

Best Regards
Registry is offline   Reply With Quote