View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 04:42 AM   #79
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Jim, I have one suggestion. When viewing the beta on my dual 17 inch monitor setup like most people, as the fish are swimming across from one screen to the next; the large gap from one monitor to the next is the only thing taking away from the realism of the whole tank. This goes for every dual monitor screensaver as the bezel is quite large around the screen and the fish always get cut in two slices and warp from one screen to the next. Since I am in a unique situation of being able to talk to the creator himself, and it is always an honor, I would like for you to consider what I ask if it is possible. To make your screensaver 100% realistic in a dual monitor setup, if there was a way to allow for an overlap that can be adjusted so the fish actually swims behind the black bezel in between the two monitors, it would add an incredible realism that no other screensaver has yet to impliment (no doubt they would copy it as well). The interphase could be in the form of a simple slider which overlaps any screen from the middle of any resolution. You could call it the "bezel adjuster". Putting my two monitors side by side and there is a little over an inch of bezel so in this case if it was a slider it would take a second to adjust it and the settings can be saved. I don't know if anybody else has ever brought this idea up, however let me know if you think it is something you would consider working on at some point in time. Great job again on the 3D background, I'm looking forward to seeing the creativity of the animations yet to be implimented. This was well worth the wait.
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail"-W2
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote