View Single Post
Old 11-30-2001, 12:47 AM   #28
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by feldon23
I thought about the Widescreen.

I forsee two scrolling lists of the available 4:3 and the available 16:9 resolutions for your video card, stacked above each other.

For now, 16:9 resolutions are supported through the "Use Desktop Resolution" selection (have been since 99K).

I struggled with the idea of a "None" icon. I'd rather use the Macintosh way, which is to take a fish you don't want (or a slot you simply want to abandon), pick up the icon, and drag it out of the slot. The slot will simply be vacated and return to the green background.

It's intuitive to me, but maybe not to others.
I use a 4:3 for my desktop 1152x864 and a 16:9 for the widescreen saver 1280x720. So the use desktop thing won't work for me.

I think you should do both. You should be able to drag it off or drag a blank over it. That covers everyones thinking and the more possibilites covered, the less emails and calls support gets.

PS. I've been thinking... how is this going to affect the file size. I think that eventlly they are going to have to abandon the idea that the porgram AND installer fit on one disk if they hope to keep advancing. One thing they could do is use some kind of two-floppy version for those that need to install from floppy. In otherwords download floppy 1 and 2 and copy them both.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!

Last edited by Socrates; 11-30-2001 at 12:51 AM.
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote