View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 02:11 AM   #21
Sergiales
Software Engineer

I think that the LW2DX conversion "problem" can be analyzed in depth, and get solved.

I don't know if that "custom converter" already exists or not. If not, then if Jim is not able to code it by his own, perhaps others are willing to do it (even for a non commercial purpose).

It would be nice to talk in depth about it. Perhaps i (or someone - i.e. Ad_Enuff) could help. What we (all) really want is to get this problem solved as soon as possible.

I'm not talking about releasing a demo or just some screenshots. I'm just talking about solving the LW2DX problem in order to make some progresses.

I'm not sure if the Lightwave creators are willing to collaborate with Jim. Is the Lightwave model format a well known format? is a binary format, or a plain-text format?.

I could do a serious research, even writing (if needed) a LW2DX custom model converter. It's only Jim's decision to leave us cooperate with him (or not).

It comes a moment in which it doesn't make any sense to block the project development for a single problem, and it is necessary to delegate some tasks to others. Are we waiting for the Lightwave creators to get in touch with Jim for explaining the inside of the format?. Is that the only one solution to the problem?.

We all recognize Jim's talent as a master artist, and we want the FA to be done by him, but it doesn't make any sense to keep waiting for a single problem that takes so long to be solved (and the LW2DX converter problem actually is not new...).

Sorry for my comments, but it's what i think.
Sincerely,
Sergio.
Sergiales is offline   Reply With Quote