View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #91
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Edgar:
The new version was only to fix the 8th fish.
There is no code change to fix the closing of other applications because I have no clue yet how to fix that.
The nag screen from the Goldfish and Sharks are more likely helping on the problem. These other screensavers hasn't shown yet that the newer versions fixes the bug.
Note that I still think the problem is not DirectX version. I think some other application is either sending a "close message" or is changing the "close message" sent by the screensaver.
The Carousel works because it acts as Nag type of buffer though it doesn't show a Nag screen.
Dale and FerdFerd, let us know the results on the testing with Goldfish and Sharks once you have your keycodes from Prolific.  
OK, First I'll report that 3DwindowsXP screensaver has not exhibited the problem in about 1 day of testing.

However, from the above, I infer that results with 3DwindowsXP is not significant. So, I'll change to Goldfish right now.

I haven't had this problem with anything except MA (2.0 and 2.6) yet. So, it appears that the test results for me will be either:

A. Problem only ocurs with MA; or
B. Problem occurs with MA, Goldfish 2.0, and Sharks.

If you conclude that "I think some other application is either sending a "close message" or is changing the "close message" sent by the screensaver. " - and the evidence is that it only affects MA, Goldfish, and Sharks, and not 3DwindowsXP (or any other screensaver I've tested), then what?

Of course, that's hypothetical.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote