View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #88
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by FerdFerd:
In two days of testing with Sharks, I have not seen any examples of active applications closing when exiting the screen saver with a mouse move. I can't yet say with confidence that there will never be any, but so far, none.

One caution that occurs to me is that the trial version has a nag screen that appears on exit. Depending on how that might influence behavior on exit, it is conveceivable to me that the nag screen intercepts whatever information that causes other active applicions to close. If that is the case, then this isn't a very useful test. The authors will know better than I whether this is an issue of any concern.  
I had the same concern about the Goldfish screensaver. I ran it for 2 days with no evidence of the problem, but it does have that nag screen that might be a concern. Given that I don't like it as a screensaver, I'm not likely to pay money just to test it for this purpose.

I have now switched to 3DWindowsXP for a day or two. I don't really like it either, but it doesn't have a nag screen.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote