View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 11:26 AM   #50
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Edgar:
I am glad it worked for you.
I have feeling everyone else that has this bug is related to the video drivers.  
I believe you should have the feeling that this bug may be related to video drivers *AND* Marine Aquarium.

In previous testing (with previous versions of MA), the problem did not occur with other screensavers. On at least one system that had problems, the problem existed with other screensavers -- until MA2 was uninstalled. Then the problem went away.

I don't want to minimize the value of your feeling, or your suggestions to fix the problem.

However, if other vendors (including Microsoft) have screensavers NEVER have the problem, and MA does have the problem (with some video cards and some drivers or whatever), then -- I would conclude that SereneScreen should fix the "problem". That's true even if the problem is actually a bug in video drivers that has to be "worked around" by SereneScreen.

Nor do I minimize the difficulty of fixing a problem that you can't (yet) duplicate.

However, without duplicating and fixing the problem, you're continually going to be saying "well, try this, and see if it fixes your problem", and chasing away a lot of customers (who will tell their friends).
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote