View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 02:26 AM   #47
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

I received three dxdiag reports and compared them. I did not see anything in common.

I have multiple computers at home and I am not able to duplicate this bug.

FerdFerd said "Marine Aquarium worked fine until I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall the OS from scratch."

I am trying to find what can cause them but right now, my suggestion is to do the following first.

EDIT: !!!! Warning !!!! Reinstalling video drivers can render your system inoperable. Make sure you know the risk before doing this.

Reinstall the video driver by uninstalling it completely and selecting the standard video driver first.
After rebooting with the standard video driver, install the correct video driver and hopefully that will fix the problem.
Sometimes, updating the video drivers does not completely remove the old driver because it is being used. The above method will make sure of it.

EDIT: !!!! Warning !!!! Reinstalling video drivers can render your system inoperable. Make sure you know the risk before doing this.

Note that the problem can also be cause by other programs installed in the computer.

It is difficult for me to find the cause without being able to duplicate the problem. We have other testers that test the screensaver on all kinds of systems to make sure it works correctly outside Prolific.

One more note, are you using Carousel ?
Can you try it with Carousel and see if it works better?
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote