View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 04:26 PM   #146
cjmaddy
Registered

YT, - Indeed he is! ..... See my post a few pages back, that ends 'Drinks all round!'

I am very grateful for the help I received! - Thank you!

But about the switching off of, Limit frame rate (fps) - I would like to say this:-
It should be realised that for all those who don't have high-end systems, not only is it pointless to limit the FPS, (because the CPU Usage may not even be affected at all), but also it is detrimental to limit it! (because doing so may reduce your FPS further, even though the point of limit is much higher than you are currently running) .......... Therefore, nothing is gained by it's use, and needed FPS are lost!

Also I don't think the 'Limit FPS' default should be 'On' - The onus should be on those with super fast CPUs, to set the limit 'On' if they want it so. - Defaulting to 'On' is crippling the less fortunate masses even more! - And I assume that sales are aimed at the mass market?

Michael said:-
Just because your system can't push the SS past 60fps, doesn't mean that others don't have one that can. Some at full steam can do 200+fps, and its nice for them to have the option to reduce the cpu usage under those conditions.
Agreed ! - they should have that option, - but not the default!

None of the above debate would be necessary of course, if there were instructions explaining the settings!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote