Thread: Security issue
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #18
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Wow - looking through the code, I just can't figure out how this is happening. When the Website button is pushed, the whole program gets shut down - the Direct3D object is destroyed, all the 3D objects and textures are destroyed and their memory released, the multimedia timer is shut down, the sound buffers are released. It should be one dead parrot. After all that happens, the variable is checked to see if the user wants to go to the website. There should be no way that the program could come back to life afterward.  
Just in case I wasn't clear - MA3 does **NOT** come back to life. Firefox comes up as a browser window. There is "nothing" underneath that window - if I click on [-] minimize, it minimizes to a small box, with an otherwise-black screen. If I click on "Restore Down" it gets smaller, with an otherwise-black screen.

Clicking on [X] Close brings up the password dialog, with no sign of MA3 running anywhere.

Footnote: I think under some conditions "black screen" might actually be "empty desktop", but that's somewhat immaterial.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote