View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #28
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by CJreef:
I too have to reenter my key code periodically. The difference is that the screen saver works except for the eel. When I reenter the key code the eel shows up again till I need to reenter the code again.  
My eel shows every time.. but I need to type in the key code each time I engage the SS. The code never sticks..

Oddly.. it is installed in two places C:\Windows\System32 and in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 There are also two references to the SS
MarineAquarium3.scr.26020.dmp (9.8 MB) and MarineAquarium3.scr.1584.dmp (1.1 MB) in C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

And a reference to the icon for both users on this laptop. C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Wi ndows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCach e

Activating the SS by clicking on either MarineAquarium3.scr files make no difference to requiring using the key code.. nor changing the extension to an exe. All very strange.. but this is Windows 10 and lots of things are confusing to me and resolving the SS key issue is way down on my list of things to fix.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote