View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 07:52 AM   #50
drfish
the Doc

Well, I've tried it... Hmmm... I'll buy it, there's no question about that, but it's a little barebones...

Critical Thoughts:

Fish movement should be slowed a little bit, they go too fast IMHO and a slower pace would make it look better in light of the low FPS...

The compression on the background it too heavy, the artifacts are very obvious and quite distracting... I can see it on the screenshot on the website even...

The Addis Butterfly Fish needs some work cropping the edges so it looks good swimming over both light and dark areas... The Copperband, Bannerfish, and Threadfin all look fine.

There are a few "jumping pixels," for lack of a better term, on the coral centerpiece right in the middle of the screen, should be an easy fix...

Positive thoughts:

As Jim said, it looks good overall considering the limitations of the platform.

The clock it great, and really makes it appealing to have running when the system is cradled...

Suggestions:

More fish! I'd gladly give up some more space on my CF card for more textures... The lack of the Percula is particularly disappointing...

Fade the background if at all possible, or at least give other color options, dark blue and black would be nice...

Pan the background side to side if possible, but if it's not the current point of focus is the best one in the tank.

Hopefully you'll be able to tell me that all my worries are taken care of in the full version...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote