View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Peter,

There are just two versions to worry about.

Beta
Whenever Jim develops something new, he releases it here as a Beta. These releases might happen as often as every other day, or in the case of this latest version, more than a month can go by between updates. To encourage folks to update, these Beta versions have a built-in expiration date. You can always find the latest version to download by going here:
Marine Aquarium 3 Beta NEWS & DOWNLOAD

If you want to receive e-mail notifications when a new version is available, please follow this link:
Subscribe to MA3 Updates and choose Instant Notification by E-mail.

Installer
It was decided that "stable" versions of the Aquarium which have been tested a bit longer would appear at SereneScreen.com which is Jim's publisher's website. These versions are packaged inside an Installer. These Installer versions typically lag behind the Beta about one month.

The problem we're seeing here is that because Beta 10a has expired, and because SereneScreen.com still has the old installer of Beta 9m, Jim has packaged 10a into an Installer so we could continue to use it. He posted that download link above.

Again, if you don't want to read all these threads and try to keep up, you can just subscribe to the Marine Aquarium 3 Beta NEWS & DOWNLOAD topic. Jim and I will always keep it up to date with a link to download the latest version of the Aquarium.

By the way, I don't really know what to do with the version number "302.3.0.1735". It's near meaningless to me. You'll notice a smaller number like Beta 9m or Beta 10a. That is the numbering we use here on the Forums.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote