View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 07:56 PM   #1080
nick c
Registered

If everything is just an aesthetic choice, why not let the user decide what works for them aesthetically? Especially if you start introducing snails and hermit crabs and stuff. I would want a few snails, a hermit crab, a couple starfish, an urchin, and maybe one 'centerpiece' invertebrate like a larger crab or the octopus. Depending on their size, color, speed of movement, "wow factor" and where they can go (i.e. can they only stay on the sand or climb around on the rocks, or be up on the glass?) I may want more or less.

As for the fish, yes I have noticed you never get all of them clumping together, good AI! 7 fish works for me and I don't *need* more. I guess since you have set a limit I can't try 8 fish for myself and say "Hey, that looks terrible" and switch back to 7. I've always been the type to want to try it and decide for myself. I can see that you want all the options to look great when you put out a product of this quality, and never have it able to look bad no matter what people try to do.

The view may pan back and forth but I was more thinking of getting a higher perspective, looking down slightly at the aquarium, rather than straight on. Notice aquariums are usually displayed lower than eye level....wait, what? Pan back and forth? Hmmm....if it is automatically panning I hope you can turn that feature off, although I see that it makes sense for burn-in issues...I guess I would occasionally like to pan to a new area once in a while for a change of scene, or to find my favorite critter, which would still solve the long term burn-in problem. That will also answer a lot of people asking for options for different background choices, as they can just pan to a new area of the tank.

Sounds great! Can't wait!
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote