View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #52
kaseki
Registered

4K HTPC build in test phase

My HTPC assembly is complete and operates successfully under Linux Mint 18.1 (with the latest nVidia driver and kernel 4.10.0-20). Stress testing using default processor, memory, and video card clock speeds shows no problems so far. Overclocking will be a future exercise.

Installation of Crossover Linux and thence MA 3.3 and Direct Sound was successful. Video card (Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti) is barely warm running MA at 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz and does not turn on its fans. It has to be uncomfortably hot (~55C) before the fans turn on in my short experience. The maximum fish count is being used, with bubbles.

I notice that the maximum resolution shown in the Display Settings menu is 1920 x 1200, but for 4K operation without the TV performing the interpolation MA would need to add the standard (I think) resolution of 3840 x 2160. Fly911's results may demonstrate his TV's quality of interpolation. I am testing too far from my LG OLED TV for an HDMI cable, so there will be some delay before I can report 4K results.
kaseki is offline   Reply With Quote