View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 11:06 PM   #12
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by stoorat
re: dragon logo--I agree. The problem is whenever I tried to lighten it up it started to look washed out. And I'm far from being a PhotoShop guru. Any ideas on how to lighten the image without losing detail?
Hard to lighten something that's black without washing it out. But if there is some shadow detail, then Levels or Curves can help.

re: tiger logo--I would LOVE to make it bigger, but whenever I tried the MAT2 would resize it waaaaaay down and put it offcenter somewhere on the crystal. How do I fix that?
Sounds like a problem someone else was having. Make absolutely sure the logo is 256 x 256 pixels and a PNG-24 image.

re: sax logo--Gotta try inverting the image. I was ready to pull my hair out with this one. I didn't want to thicken the outline too much, but I couldn't figure out how to make it show up better.
I suppose you could double the logo somehow.

re: eagle head logo--would softening the embossing fix this? Or should I redo the logo from scratch and go for softer angles? The original was supposed to look like it was cut out of razor sharp steel.
Razor sharp steel still has a smooth flawless edge. Aliasing = ragged edge.

Can you post the original PNGs and an example PNG that is "freaking out" so I can improve my instructions to catch this problem?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote