View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #1249
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Leon,

Nice card, thats what I use. You will be happy to know that I get over 325fps with that card using some decent settings as far as quality and AA and so forth goes. That of course is with whats in the Alpha currently. There is still alot more to go though. None of the background items move yet, the fish haven't been redone yet, and none of the special creatures are there yet. But, overall you have nothing to worry about.

Jim has been under fire alot lately from the testers wanting more and more options and stuff. Personally I am one of those people and fall into that camp. Overall Jim wants to make sure the saver runs on as many older cards as possible, for obvious reasons. But with the caliber of cards generally available these days I think he should push the limit by including "checkboxes" if you will and settings for more options. If people can run them then great, and if people dont have a strong enough card then they don't have to use them. Unfortunately some of the ideas like dedicated settings for AA and so forth within the settings options are a major undertaking to implement and probably wont happen. I am still hopeing for things like a setting for actinic lighting and a few others though.

As for the other question, Jim has always planned a series of savers. The idea was to generate enough money to create a computer generated movie he wants to do.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote