View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 12:35 PM   #8
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Originally posted by IXNAY
Argh, goldfish are ugly.
A baby Koi would be cool, so I can say I have a 1000$ fish in my computer
Some are, but that is the art of this for us. We are very carefully picking the most attractive Goldfish. They have a lot in common with Pugs (dogs) in my opinion. Bread to be appreciated by Chinese royalty. They seem (to me) that the Chinese would attempt to make these animals (through selective breeding) look like humans.

Whereas, the Japanese took Kois (and having a VERY DIFFERENT view of what looks human) went for beautiful markings on the back of the fish.

I have grown to appreciate Goldfish, but don’t like these lionhead ones, they look like they have their brains on the outside, or have cancer or something.

Goldfish are also about movement, keep in mind, they are the EXACT OPPISITE of evolution. They can’t find their own food, they can’t protect themselves, and they can't avoid a predator. They are picked SOLELY by their cute factor. They have a 100% symbiotic relationship with humans.

Unfortunately our biggest market will be China, where they will steal the product. There are some subtle things I’m working on to lessen this.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.

Last edited by feldon34; 03-07-2003 at 01:23 PM.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote