View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #68
JohnWho
Registered

Sounds like that would be something for either of both of the FAQ sections in SereneScreen and here. Once there, if before 3.1 releases, then it could certainly be added to the Troubleshooting portion of the readme (as are a few items already as one can see in the current readme).

It has already been said by others that this ReadMe file is developing into more of a user-type manual, which I think would be a good thing. - In fact because of its increase in size and complexity, I suggest it should be named a User Guide.
I'm only expanding a little on the current Readme file, so other than the file being named "readme.txt", whether it is a traditional "readme" or what it's title (in the file) suggests:

Marine Aquarium 3.1 User's Guide (Revised - June 2010)
(c) Copyright 2010 Prolific Publishing, Inc.
http://www.SereneScreen.com

doesn't really matter that much to me since I'm mostly only taking a previous persons hard work and updating it somewhat and giving it a uniform format.

In my opinion, a proper "User's Guide" would, at a minimum, include images of the various screens, panels, and sections of panels as it describes both the usage and purpose of each option. This can not be done in a simple "txt" file.

For what it is worth, the NOVA folks attempted this with the pdf file they include in place of the readme file with their 3.0 copy.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote