View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #66
cjmaddy
Registered

The problem with these type of discussions is that they have too often seemed to degenerate into, who-said-what-to-who-and-when. And I have no wish to enter into all of that. - It is not productive.

Dale will question everything anyone says, (wether he understands it or not), which is provocative, and not very helpful.

We can all only speak with any confidence or assurance, about our own knowledge or first-hand experiences. - (That is only my opinion!)

It has already been said by others that this ReadMe file is developing into more of a user-type manual, which I think would be a good thing. - In fact because of its increase in size and complexity, I suggest it should be named a User Guide.
If we call it what it is, (a user guide), then people may be more ready to use it.

-------------------------

My references to windowed-mode, following on from the second-instance problem, seem to have caused some concern. - Let me explain further....

In windowed-mode, with a frame rate limited to 60fps, the statistics show 58/62 fps. (Assuming the whole window is within the primary monitor area)
Once the window is moved or extended to be partly on both screens, the statistics will show an immediate drop to 16/17fps.
This only applies to windowed-mode, - fullscreen across two monitors will still show 58/62fps.

Do I know if this applies to all multi-monitor systems? - Or just some? .... I haven't yet been all round the world to check!

I'm not the only one on this forum with two monitors. This drop in fps was first mentioned some years ago, and no-one has yet reported otherwise.
If someone's system out there works differently, then it's well past the time they spoke up!

This obviously only applies to the systems that I have tested with. So if after all these years, we do have dual-monitor set-ups that don't drop fps when a MA3 window straddles two screens? - Then we need to re-think.

-------------------------

An additional point that could also be mentioned in a User Guide, is the movement effect that all started when henemly posted a picture where he thought the clock appeared to be off-centre. But he didn't state where the crystal was positioned when the shot was taken. - The clock, (or whatever else is shown on the face of the crystal), is at times going to appear misplaced one way or the other, depending on the crystal's position within its scroll movement, thus creating a different viewpoint. - It should be realised that this applies to all the 3D objects in the aquarium. To miss this point, is to miss how the whole MA3 3D-effect is produced.

Last edited by cjmaddy; 06-05-2010 at 09:17 AM.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote