View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 02:58 PM   #113
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

MAT MA2

1. Q: First, when I try to drag and drop the window with the control tabs it moves OK but the space where it was is solid black. With little effort I could black out the whole screen.
A: Doctor, when I move my arm like “this” it hurts…

Ok, we do plan to deal with this, but it is currently a bug in DX dealing with Windows UI correctly. Which is why video games always have Custom UI (user Itnerface).

2. Q: the window with the choice of fish and their descriptions needs to be expandable. It's a real pain in the tail fin to have to scroll up and down to read about the fish, which I like to do.
A: Our first rule is the GUD (Grand Unified Dialog) has to fix in the lowest Res, so that it always works on all systems (thus 640x480). But, we are considering offering multiple views of the same data, for advance users like yourself, that are interests in data like this.

3. Q: Third, is there someplace to read about frame rate? This seems to be important, but it's not clear why.
A: Hmm, I’ll let Morg field this one. I’d like to see his answer as well.

4. Q: Many thanks for all the hard work that went into the upgrade and also MAT. Can they be combined?
A: We might in the future, but they are very different product, even though one could argue they are the same. I will let others like Addy speak why he does not like MAT. Also, MAT has some speed issues because it is doing some very interesting rendering things in real time. But we are working on a bundle deal, because we have heard from a lot of people that they want one for Office (MAT) and one for home (MA2).

Thank you for your feedback.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote