View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
JohnWho
Registered

Right Arrow Beta "testing" observation

To begin, I feel that those of us who use and enjoy Marine Aquarium are all very fortunate to be able to be members of a support forum that includes the actual designer and creator of the program - Jim Sachs.

While I haven't been a member here for a long time, I see that we are also privileged to participate in the beta testing of Marine Aquarium as it is changed and, as we see, improved.

I would like to mention, though, that along with this privilege, we have a certain voluntary responsibility which can be defined in one word: feedback.

It is extremely helpful to Mr. Sachs and anyone else on his team, that those of us who take the time to download and install one of the beta releases, also take just a little time to provide feedback regarding the program and especially as it relates to the changes/features of the beta release.

If you've installed a beta and you aren't having or don't see any problems with it, saying so here on the board I'm sure will provide some reassurance to Jim. In the same vein, if you see anything that doesn't seem right, from a possible minor typo or slight oversight (as was pointed out, changing the date to 2010 in "about"), to something that may be more serious, I would say we should definitely bring it to Jim's attention by posting it in the appropriate thread. Essentially, that is the purpose of software "betas" - find and identify problems before the program goes out to it's main stream users.

We get to have fun with each incremental beta improvement while in some small way contributing to the program.

Works for me.
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote