View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 06:16 PM   #25
Wizwad
Only me...

At the risk of stirring things up again (though that is truly not my intention), it seems to me that the burning of a flag is just another valid form of political expression, a statement that one is in strong disagreement with the current government or administration. Granted, there is the aspect of vandalism for destroying a piece of cloth, but it is only a symbol of an artificial political construct, for better or worse, and one which is likely to change again anyway in the very short term.

What scares me far more is the occasional practice of book burning, with the accompanying implication that ignorance is better than knowledge, that superstition is better than wisdom, and that one belief system has the right to anihilate another belief system. That way lies fanaticism, and that's when the trouble *really* starts.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote