View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 06:46 PM   #26
GMarowski
Registered

Ok, I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in this flag burning debate, but as a US citizen, I just can't help myself...

I'm the first to admit that the US has it's political and social problems. And I get just as mad about it as the next person. But I don't think that burning a flag of my country is an expression of free speech, I feel it's should be a criminal act.

If you are that dissatisfied with this country, get out! Too many of my friends, our fathers, and brothers have died to give you the right to burn the very flag, the symbol of the country they died to protect. I'm sorry I can't abide it.

Answer me this, how many people burning flags have served in thier countries military? Call me a patriot, hell, call me a capitalist pig, I don't really care. (That's where your right to free speech comes in). But don't burn the symbol of the country that so many have died for.

Just leave and make room for someone else who really wants to be here.

Flame off....

P.S. I'm not really mad or upset by this thread, but I needed to get that off my chest. I feel better now, and will now slink away and hide from the barage of replies I have probably invoked....
GMarowski is offline   Reply With Quote