View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 06:09 AM   #10
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Originally posted by trooper_trent
hi, I actually stumbled in here because I was flipping through the channels and saw a home shopping network demo for a laptop computer with the screen saver (or very similar) and I wanted to find it. Long story short I made my way here.
my comment was that this screensaver that I just saw looked exactly like this and it did have a moving anemone(sp?) and the clown fish hiding in it. The other thing that was different was the background color changed from blue to pink to purple etc.
Is this the same screensaver or is there another comparable one?
Just browsing through the forums to find out, I get the impression that the moving background/anemone hasnt been released..but I just saw it.
any ideas?
Thanks
To my knowledge, MA 3D Bakcgorund still in the very begining of development stage, what you saw migth be other similar SS, for moving 3D background with anemone, SimAquarium have it, but the crown fish won't interact with it though. Aqua Real is another one with detail fish movement but its background is static (but Aqua Garden has swaying plants), (find out more info about these two great SS in the "Other Screen Saver" forum section under "Offi topics")or you might seeing a hacked version of MA? or maybe other SS which use MA's coral background.

If you can go back to that demo laptop and try to find out more, then report back here to us about your finding, that'll be great.

PS: Maybe Jim just secrectly develop a 3D MA but keeping it form us, to surprise us in some day?
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote