Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2003, 02:35 PM   #60
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

AlabamaTom said:

Your CD-R fails, your system crashes and now you have to reboot the whole thing to get both working again........
I think what Tom is referring to is an unreadable CD-R disc due to surface damage, bit rot or any other factor that makes it unreadable in the systems paticular CD-Rom drive(s). A floppy drive would be your logical backup device (in most sytems).

Fantasy? Not really, this has happened to many computers I have worked on due to conflicts and bad drivers ( don't forget that nasty word as well... VIRUS).
I think what Tom means here by conflicts, bad drivers & virus(viri) is they are the usual cause of a system crashing, not cd-r drives working incorrectly because of driver issues.

Having a floppy drive was the only way to get things back in order again.
Just another example being shown of the usefullness of the (ancient?) floppy drive/disk.

I want to keep the floppy around for a little while longer till they make a fool-proof option.
I, totally agree with you on this one Tom. I'm gonna keep mine around for a while longer, until something comes along and replaces it 100%!

Just my
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote