View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 04:22 PM   #54
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Originally posted by Jim Sachs
Well, the $5 charge is bound to be controversial. All the enhancements that I have personally done to the Aquarium program have been free, and probably always will be. When I was doing the project alone, I intended for all the upgrades to the program itself to be free, and only charge extra for the Creature Paks. But the Prolific artists and programmers who spent months on the new interface deserve to get paid for their efforts. Any suggestions?
I actually don't mind about that extra $5(should include this statement in my last post ), and now Jim clears up, All the enhancements doen by Jim is free(very noble of u Jim), but now there r 4 fish rn't done by him, now I understand why the extra charge.

But still, the point I don't understand is why only for ppl buying v1.1 should pay for extra but not all?
what's the difference between old supporter and new supporter?

Prolific can always raise the price of the new product, but it's not very good to explicitly define the line between old register and new register by that v1.1 version, they r all legal register, why the differences?

I dont' mind the small amount of upgrade, but just if they intend to charge, they should see all the register the same, equally.

I dont' think it's efficient two make diff version that include/exclud the 5 new fish when 3D bckgnd kicks in, or they'll release diff key code to activate the fish?

plz correct me if I said anything wrong
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote