View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 06:48 AM   #32
Falz
Registered

He's talking about the internet updates. I don't like them either, and it makes it hard (impossible?) to install it on a non internet computer. There has to be a better method of anti-piracy.

DA is superb but the detail on the fish isn't very good. That's the one place where MA has been amazing from the start, but since you can't "zoom" in on fish it's hard to appreciate that level of detail (but it's great it's there). DA textures just need to be about double the detail, and have some extra shading (to make the cardinals glow etc.) then it would look incredible.

I still wish either SS would add things like AA controls in the options, because you can't set these with profiles on scr files, and AA massively improves how they look. It's not a difficult thing to code either.

It's quite amazing to think that it's been 6 years since I bought MA, and apart from new fish, it's basically the exact same technical demonstration now as it was then. If someone were to write a true DX9 screensaver with pixel and vertex shaders (vertex shaders would be very useful for mutliple fish) it would blow us all away, but doesn't seem to be happening. DA isn't graphically that impressive (textures are low res and details just aren't there), but it's a masterpiece of implementation (proper 3D tank space, fish behaviour, schooling etc.). It adds so much life to what you see.

Anyway I have lots of real fish now so looking at a fake screensaver doesn't quite do it for me like it used to Especially watching my platy fry grow up (5 weeks old).
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote