View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 03:48 AM   #355
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

This is a nice picture of a beautiful goldfish that reminds me of the one in my old tank. My old Goldfish was constantly trying to eat anything it could fit into its mouth. It would always pick up and spit out all the pebbles at the bottom of the tank all day long. I don't know if I told this story before, but I had bought two baby blowfish and put them in the tank with this larger redcap goldfish. After a few days, as I'm watching the tank, the goldfish swallows one of the tiny blowfish except it is stuck in its mouth. The blowfish does what it does best and inflated like a balloon. I was in shock at witnessing this. I know my goldfish was hungry; however it couldn't get anything to eat as long as the blowfish didn't deflate. After about three hours of swimming around aimlessly, the blowfish deflated and quickly spit out its new tank mate. I wish I had filmed this because it really was very funny in a weird sort of way. And I was very proud of my little blowfish after that. Believe it or not, they both remained together for years after that incident and it never happened again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kona2.jpg (28.4 KB, 174 views)
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail"-W2
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote