Thread: Feature Request MA for Android as a Live Wallpaper
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #60
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

MY "OS" in my old phone is 2.3.4, NOT because it came that way but because I took the time to update the OS manually myself.

Generally speaking Jim S., you are limited by using whatever the manufacturer of the phone has or WILL release as an update for your particular device. I'm not counting rooting out the phone or doing something that the manufacturer doesn't endorse.

For comparisons sake, the Galaxy S3, the latest version my carrier sells uses Android 4.1.1 - ( The Galaxy S4 is on the horizon in a few months and is the one I am looking to update too. ) - realize my phone is 3 years old and there won't be any more authorized updates available for my phone. If I hadn't manually updated my phone myself it probably wouldn't run the program either. It will load and run on mine, it just doesn't have the cpu power to run it. Plus my honest opinion is that there are some quirks in their software as well. I don't see it a being written as well as you do.

That's why it's buy a new one time for me, not because I can't take phone calls it's all the rest of the junk that suffers with age..........

Jim, the Galaxy S2 is an older phone as well, just not as old as mine, so it probably doesn't have the latest software either, and could conceivably be older that what I am running.

DWAX - go on the main screen and hit the menu button, and then the settings button. Scroll down to the bottom of the list where it says "About Phone" and hit that. Look down that list and you will find the version number of Android that your phone is using.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote