View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #62
harris
Registered

Originally posted by marcusgi:
Hi All,

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone has ever gotten a resolution on this problem. Every time I install a windows update I have to re-enter my registration code for MA. I have a hotkey program with the serial number so it's easy, none the less its still a nuisance.  
Nope, nobody have come up with a specific reason for the disappearing serial number , including according to Jim, Prolific who say they can't replicate the problem.

At this point in time a lot of users are just giving up and more or less saying it-is-what-it-is. I am leaning towards it being Windows 8/8.1 update causing the problem. However, I do also believe it is a specific file/program update that is the cause... which one I can't say but in the future I will be watching carefully to see what is updated when the serial number disappears.

At first I suspected the monthly "Malicious Software Removal Tool" update was the culprit, but I downloaded the manual version and did a full scan and it didn't remove the MA3 serial number. My next update possibility is the "Microsoft .Net x.x" updates. I'll be watching to see if MA3 serial number gets removed when a .Net update is installed.

Otherwise, it-is-what-it-is!
harris is offline   Reply With Quote