Thread: GeForce2 MX
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2001, 01:07 PM   #18
hooters
Percula Clown

Re: GeForce2 MX

well i tested the Geforce2MX with the aquarium and need for speed and tombraider and messiah
as far as the tank goes - the Purple Tang prob, looked 2% better then my ati All in wonder 32MBand 16MB cards
the frame rate was much better
mine runs at 1024x768 @68-71 fps
Gforce2MX runs it at 1024x768 @99-101 fps
the powder blue tang looks better but the Purple Tang still has a lot of ick just not as noticeable but its still there and plain to see
as far as my lines go its all the same as on 3 diffrent monitors ive tested - ive fixed my drivers and mltimedia centre and there way less noticable now - but what i can see is evident on all the other monitors ive tested
in all applications Its not the Tank
*this is the cards info that i tested -NVIDIA Geforce2MX
Main driver nvdisp.drv verion 4.12.01.0063
(99-101FPS at 1024x768 on the tank)

as for the games not sure about frame rates but my ati looked just as good no matter what i did with the gforce settings the frame rate judging from the tank caompared to my ATI is more then likely better as well as it is with the tank but 45-50some is fine for games with me and the tank at 100fps didnt look anymore smoother then my 70fps does

bottom line is the Purple tang still has the blochy /banding /ick , but its a little better then the ATI's ick
~RELAXATION IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT~
hooters is offline   Reply With Quote