Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #63
cjmaddy
Registered

This is not easy to put into words, - but!...

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I ran into trouble with scrolling when more than one screen is present. It seems simple, but bad things happen when you get to the end of travel.  
Jim, as I see it, the "... no more room to auto-scroll", is bound to happen eventually, (when two or more screens equal or exceed the total width of MA3.) - But, are you still planning on, "... pressing the shift key which would freeze the position of one of the screens while scrolling the other." - as a means of adjusting the bezel gap?
I only ask because I wondered if you had checked out the method Alan has used in Dream Aquarium? - Where each screen has its image very slightly enlarged to 'lose' the width of one bezel. - If I'm understanding what is happening, correctly, - the full image is still there, it hasn't been shortened by scrolling, (we just can't see it!) - So I'm thinking that that could overcome your worry about running out of room to auto-scroll. - Assuming that is your, "... trouble with scrolling when more than one screen is present .... bad things happen when you get to the end of travel."
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote