View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #30
Jim Sachs
Developer

Not you, Tiny. You're a "saint" in post 22.

This may not have been a problem that Forum members could have fixed. She started with a CD version (apparently an older one). She described it as the OS9/OSX version, but she had a Windows machine. This created confusion and frustration on the part of those trying to help. Turns out she didn't know that this was Mac terminology, or that there even was a Mac version. Here's what made this even more confusing for me: We produce a Mac-only version for the Apple stores, and that is our "OS9/OSX" version. That CD contains only the Mac version. The normal CD contains both versions.

So, did she have the Mac-only version or had she somehow managed to partially install the Mac version contained on the normal CD? I have seen things like this happen in the early days.

Rather than go totally insane trying to figure out the scenario, I just cut through all the red tape, had her download the latest Windows version, and gave her a Key Code for it. This is not something that the typical Forum member could have done, only myself or a Prolific employee (who were on holiday). I should have jumped in earlier.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium