View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #15
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Ralph:
Are your settings in Display Settings still as they should be?.. I can get some pretty weird screens if not set to my default screen size or automatic.. Will not crash it though  
Display setting is "automatic". All other settings seem to be "normal". I don't get any weird screens on MA3 or any other programs. MA3 works fine in all modes (including screensaver).

If I set MA3 to start in windowed mode, and click on the desktop icon, I can press the "F" key repeatedly, and MA3 switches alternately between windowed and fullscreen mode as often as I wish.

If I set MA3 to not start in windowed mode, and click on the desktop icon, MA3 starts in fullscreen mode (of course). Pressing the "F" key switches correctly to windowed mode. Pressing the "F" key again causes MA3 to crash.

As far as I'm concerned, the answer is "don't do that". However, as you (and Cliff) pointed out elsewhere, it's important to report problems. This one has continued through several versions of drivers and versions of MA3 on this one system (and no others). So, it's my problem on this system, not something that Jim should even think about.

Footnote: This thread is labeled "driver" - but I've updated drivers several times, and the same card/driver combination on another computer does not exhibit the failure mode.

Last edited by Dale; 04-05-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote