View Single Post
Old 01-13-2002, 07:59 PM   #472
Adora
Registered

After reading through all 24 pages of messages...

...I had to wait to be "authorized" before I could post! Have you guys had problems with spamming in the past? I've never been to a forum that's done that before.

Anyway, most of my wish list is composed of repeat requests, but here it is:

1. I'm a freshwater enthusiast, not marine. I sure wish there were a fw version that could even COMPARE to this screensaver!

2. Running as wallpaper: That's how I first found this screensaver. I was actually searching for animated active desktop wallpaper of an aquarium, and a search engine led me to a thread elsewhere on this forum. I downloaded the demo, and WOW. During my comprehensive and empty-handed (since I didn't find what I was actually looking for, although I found something cool in the meantime) search, I found what looks to be an older (Win95 era) program that specifically has an option to run a screensaver as wallpaper--Gti Desktop+ . It worked semi-well with some of the generic screensavers, but not at all with this one. They do have a neat looking program to try that allows you to create a screensaver from any video file, but otherwise that link was a flop. Just sharing another thwarted attempt.

3. About the whole filesize issue: It's amazing what has been done with the current filesize limit, and I understand the author's reasons for staying within that limit. But for the rest of us, how about an expansion pack? Not several modules to work with to plug in new fish or whatever, but just one set of things that would be nice to include but aren't mainly due to filesize restrictions.

4. I'm really looking forward to those schooling fishes.

5. I'm pretty sure it's already been nixed, but I was all about the movable bubble column or spreading it out to an entire bubble wall. Or perhaps this 3D background we've been anticipating will provide enough aesthetics that no one will even notice the "plain" gradient. LOL

6. Window border: I mainly keep my aquarium in windowed mode in the corner of my desktop, and either no titlebar or an aquarium skin...hey, yeah...skinnable!! Lots of applications have that capability, is it that hard to implement? It's been years since I messed with the program that changes a window...windowshade, is it? Will it apply itself to only a single window (as a user-oriented workaround)?

7. Kelp/something planty-like: I think the swaying motion of kelp would be a fabulous addition, although already nixed. Just another reminisce to freshwater.

So there's my few comments and suggestions. I think it's awesome how Jim really caters to the ideas of the program users (within a reasonable extent) to really make this a great program for everybody. I'm sure that I'll keep checking back here often.

-L

PS: Thanks for the new addiction...as if real fish weren't bad enough!
Adora is offline   Reply With Quote