Thread: Fish Icons
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2001, 01:08 PM   #7
ajlaban
Registered

Re: RE:fish icons

Hooter,

Actually the fish icons you have are standard size. They use the complete 32 pixel width but since most fish are wider than they are tall, in transparent mode they take up only a fraction of the vertical 32 pixels. Since realism is what we want we certainly can't resize the vertical without the horizontal.

That is my whole case for using 48 pixel icons. The fish now are 48 pixels wide at their longest but in transparent mode take up only a fraction of the 48 x 48 screen real estate and as long as you use only transparent "large icons" on the desktop it does not appear to be cluttered. I do avoid, like the plague, using 48 x 48 non transparent icons because they appear huge on the desktop. But the 48 x 48 icons show incredible detail versus the 32 x 32. Think of it in terms of viewing a monitor with the respective pixels converted to inches!

I would be happy to upload these to your site. When they are done I'll let you know. I wish I could post a sample here of the few I've done but converting them back to bitmaps would show the whole 48 x 48 frame and defeat the purpose. Actually, I would like to use my Clown Trigger 48 x 48 image with background transparency under my name to the left of my posts but I don't know how to do it. If anyone does I would like to hear how.
Passed away August 27, 2008.
ajlaban is offline   Reply With Quote