View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 01:09 PM   #25
skaLuna
Registered

"Bah, I say! A Geforce2 is more than enough to run the aquarium perfectly well at 1280x1024, heck and Radeon 7200 is really just a renamed Radeon 32MB DDR which was ATI's competitior to the Geforce2 back in the day... I've run the aquarium just fine at 1024x768 on a TNT2 and a Geforce2 MX400 smokes that old thing... For that matter, the Geforce2 MX400 is what's integrated in Nforce2 IGP chipsets and all the systems I've built with those (dozens) run the MA and GA demos just fine."

I agree - & besides, the screensaver runs perfectLy when I Launch it myseLf - so obviousLy the GeForce2 is running it just fine.

"I still think that there is something hidden in the background of XP that is stealing clock cycles and making it jerky."

If there is something running in the background then it must be "seLective interference" since it onLy interferes with the program when it is running in screensaver mode & NOT when i Launch the program myseLf.

"What I am saying is that if the hardware runs it fine within the 98 OS, then the same hardware should run it equally as well within the XP OS in a dual boot system, unless something within the XP OS is interfering with it. Its the exact same hardware for both OS, granted the driver versions would be different for the same video card to operate within the different OS's, but the hardware remains the same"

ExactLy! And i'm thinking that it must be something regarding how XP Launches the program more so than background programs steaLing focus since the program runs fine when I Launch it myseLf.

"But she's saying it does work fine in XP when she starts it herself... Only when the screensaver timer starts it does it mess up...
"If something is interfering with it in the background it would happen regardless of how it started... Unless it runs as a different priority (and from my experience pitting MA vs F@H that's not the case)."

Thank you drFish - i couLdn't have said it better ...

"It is my understanding that starting it as a program instead of letting windows start it as a SS does change the priority."

CouLd this be where the probLem originates? How to determine ... How to fix ...
It's there ...i just can't see it
skaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote