Thread: Color Logos
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

My guide is not step-by-step because different source material will have different needs. Unless I get lucky and find a sharp high-res logo on the web (usually with google or at embroidery/tattoo/branding/stickers websites), I typically re-create the logo from scratch in Photoshop or Illustrator. This is not an easy task!

My preferred logo will have already been stripped down to black and white or a couple of solid colors before I get started. Then it's just a matter of resizing and applying layer effects.

The guide is not designed to deal with cartoon characters and anything particularly colorful. If you have a photo or cartoon character, your best bet is to just use the soft eraser and make the best of it. The guide is not a primer on Photoshop or cutting things out. Smoothly cutting a logo or other object out of a larger graphic or photo is something that takes months if not years to master and this ability is highly paid in Hollywood amongst other venues.

If you have suggestions on how I can make the guide more useful, please let me know.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote