View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 08:18 AM   #3
Unregistered

..."So you have the screen saver functionality enabled, set the delay time for the screen saver to kick in (to what value, btw?), and have defined one or more hot corners, correct? And the screen saver starts up correctly after the proper amount of idle time has passed (or you put the cursor in a hot corner), correct? Then you see the screen saver start up, you leave the office for a lengthy period, and come back to find the screen saver not running, correct? Does this last part happen always, often, some times, or rarely? At this point, the screen saver will not start up after the appropriate idle time has passed or with the cursor in a hot corner unless you create a new aquarium window (Cmd-N) and close it, correct? If I've mischaracterized any part of your situation with the statements above, please correct me."...

The above is correct as you describe it. There is no exception to this situation. Whenever left for a certain amount of time, the screen saver quits. Not sure what that amount of time is either, maybe as short as a couple of hours or less.

I am running MA 2.0.4--what I believe to be the latest version.

..."When you come back to the machine and it is in that state where the screen saver won't start up, try just moving the mouse or hitting any key (instead of creating a new aquarium window and closing it)"...

I have tried everything once I return to the machine and find the screensaver has quit. Even selecting it in the finder and bringing it to the "front". The only way I have found to reactivate it (without completely quiting the program and restarting it) is to go the the file menu and create a new window manually, and then close it. Once I have done that, MA functions normally, including the hot keys and screensaver, etc.

I will try the base set of extensions for 9.2.2 as you have recommended and let you know what happens...

-JR