View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 01:07 PM   #728
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The first major update to the Wishlist is now online!!

https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/wishlist.php

We do not have the Voting system, Feature list, Comment system in yet, but trust me, what has been done so far was a LOT of work. Now we can add new fish and creatures in a matter of seconds (except for cutting out the artwork, scaling it, etc.).

Thanks to Michael who has spent a ton of time reworking all the existing photos and acquiring new ones!!!

It is still a tiny bit buggy but the drop-down menus let you select how many fish/special creatures you want displayed per page and per row.

So if you have a 800x600 display, you can now set it to show a single column of fish. Or if you have a 1600x1200 monster, you can set the # of columns to 5 or more! If you are on broadband,

The script I have created for the Wishlist goes beyond just this purpose. I have 4 websites I intend to use it on and I have seen some interest expressed by others in possibly licensing it!

There are other scripts for this, but not less than 300 lines of code (a comparable one I saw was 10,000 lines).

You may be wondering why it looks "the same" as the old one. I set out to prove that you can create powerful PHP scripts that produce pages that look completely hand-crafted. The "boxy" modulary feel has never appealed to me, although SereneScreen.com and FlagPride.com managed to make this work.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote