Thread: Jaggies again
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 07:31 PM   #11
FishTacoAfficionado
Registered

Originally posted by mrtew
I don't know how anyone can know whether the bug is Apple's or MA's, but then I'm not a programmer. How do you know where the bug is? The part of this story that bothers me most is that Jim says he doesn't even see the Jaggies on his computers. I obviously don't know whether it's his eyes or his computers or something that he put in his own version of the program that's not included with the release version, but it just seems weird since I've seen them on G3's and G4's and flat screens and CRTs from 3-years-old to brand new, with a very very wide variety of graphics cards. Jim has tried to fix it, and has even sent out a few test builds to see if he's solved the prob, but like I said, it's just frustrating that he doesn't even see the problem.

I compared the same exact fish running on my macs and they look fine... they look like the "OS9" pic on the right and nothing like the "OSX" pic on the left. This is on a 17" iMac, 12" Powerbook, and an MDD G4 on a 20" Apple display, all running 10.2.4.

Not that I don't believe such a problem exists. Perhaps this is a machine specific thing? With older systems maybe? Because there are no jaggies here where I'm looking.

Maybe I'll try booting the iMac into OS9 and see how it runs then for the heck of it. I wonder if my registation code will work on the OS9 version....? Come to think of it, I wonder if this mac will even boot into OS9...... the powerbook doesn't
FishTacoAfficionado is offline   Reply With Quote