Thread: How long?!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2001, 12:55 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: How long?!

Jim was initially planning about 1 screen saver a year.

Various delays make me believe that the Butterfly Garden will start development sometime in 2002. Be aware that the Aquarium was in development for 9 months before anyone saw anything. So we'll have to go about our lives in the mean time.

I didn't see the demand dry up for Gran Turismo in the 3 years between Gran Turismo 2 and 3. And I haven't seen any diminished demand for Metal Gear Solid in the 3 years between MGS1 and the expected release of MGS2 this fall. Return to Castle Wolfenstein demo was launched today. It is the sequel to an ~8 year old game (I'm sure someone will correct me). People will find other things to do with their lives while they wait for the next.

No offense, but it is not Jim's job to deliver software when people request it. He is an artist, and is setting a new standard for realtime 3D art. He will release it when it is done and to his level of quality. I'd rather not have Jim rush the Aquarium and give us mediocrity. It is offensive to some of us when people come out and start complaining about how long things are taking.

People had been waiting for another Star Wars movie for 22 years. Some would argue that we still haven't gotten a movie worthy of the Star Wars name, but that's a battle to be fought another day
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote