Thread: No Key Code
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 01:32 PM   #42
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Reason #20491 why:
  • MA2 upgrade should be done before MA2 is available to the general public.
  • Each e-mail sent out should have an activation link that can only be used ONE time to download the Aquarium. Their IP address is logged and then that activation link can only be used from that IP address.
  • Add an 'update my e-mail' link prominently on the MA2 download page which requests their old e-mail, new e-mail, ZIP code, and City.
  • SereneScreen.com block access from VersionTracker.com for the week of the release.
  • SereneScreen.com should not have any publicly-obvious links to MA2 until the registered users have upgraded.
  • MA2 should not be available as a free download until after upgrade is complete.
  • Add a "MA2 Information Center" which has every possible answer about MA2 to reduce the e-mails.*

Prolific did this day-and-date release because their new distributor requested (demanded?) it. I think a few "I told ya so"s are in order.

We are proud to introduce Marine Aquarium 2.0!

We have just put Marine Aquarium 2 into early release, which means that we are upgrading 6-7,000 people a day over the next 2 weeks. The list has already been determined and you will not be able to get your keycode early.

Please understand that this is a FREE upgrade* over the next 90 days. This is not a bug fix or a security vulnerability release, this is new features for FREE*, so please be patient with us.

Marine Aquarium 2 adds:
  • A new graphical Fish Settings panel
  • 5 new fish, a Blue Ring Angelfish, an Imperator Angelfish, a Redfin Butterflyfish, a Rock Beauty Angelfish, and a Squarespot Anthias
  • Better support for EnergyStar monitor sleep on some systems.
  • Better performance/stability with lower CPU usage on some systems.
All of this while maintaining an incredibly high level of compatibility with old and new systems.

Marine Aquarium 2 works on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, and XP, provided you have an 8MB 3D-capable video card. [Click Here] for a complete hardware compatibility list and instructions on how to determine your hardware.

For pictures/snapshots from Marine Aquarium 2 or more information about it, please visit the Inside: SereneScreen Fan Site and Discussion Forum.

Marine Aquarium 2 includes the same realistic coral background as prior editions of the Aquarium.

*If you purchased the Aquarium online from SereneScreen.com or one of our partner sites, the upgrade to Marine Aquarium 2 is free for the next 90 days. You will receive your keycode to upgrade the Aquarium in the next 7-10 days as we are releasing MA2 in batches.

If you purchased the 'boxed' or 'CD case' version of the Aquarium from a retailer, the upgrade to Marine Aquarium 2 will be available for $5.95 from SereneScreen.com in the first week of April.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote